A dental care bill with "teeth"
There is a Dental Bill advancing toward the U.S. Senate. Known as the Veterans Dental Care Eligibility Expansion and Enhancement Act of 2018, S 3313 (Senate version of HR 4556) would provide the following:
- Restorative dental services for veterans
- Expansion of dental services for veterans exposed to toxic substances, radiation, or other conditions
- Pilot program on expansion of furnishing of dental services and treatment to all enrolled veterans
- Construction or lease of dental clinics of department of veterans’ affairs
- Program on education to promote dental health in veterans
- Information on dental services for inclusion in electronic medical records under dental insurance pilot program
- Demonstration program on training and employment of alternative dental health care providers for dental health care services for veterans in rural and other underserved communities
The Italian American Veterans Museum urges you to support this bill by contacting your two U.S. Senators and asking them to co-sponsor and support this bill.
Your message can be as simple as the following:
Dear Senator XX,
Dental care for U.S. veterans is woefully inadequate. S 3313 (Senate version of HR 4556) will help correct those longstanding inadequacies. I urge you to co-sponsor and support this important piece of legislation.
We also urge you to notify your veteran organizations, family and friends to contact their two U.S. Senators and urge them to co-sponsor and support this bill.
You can do that by copying and pasting the following message and sending it to your email list.
The Senate is currently considering legislation that will dramatically improve dental care to our veterans. Click on the following link for more information.
For further information and to read the full text of this bill, click on the link to the official U.S. Congress website here.